PharmD Resources

SSPPS Policies and ProceduresThis website page provides school specific policies and procedures pertaining to all students enrolled in a program offered through the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, including those programs administered by the Distance Degrees and Programs Office. 
Bookstore (Anschutz Medical Center)The bookstore provides the most complete inventory of medical and scientific books in the Rocky Mountain area.Building 500 1st Floor
Phone: 303-724-2665 (4-BOOK)
Bursar's OfficeThe bursar is responsible for all financial activities related to student billing, tuition collection and institutionally-managed loan programs.Anschutz Medical Campus
Education 2 North
Phone: 303-315-1800
Campus Assessment, Response & Evaluation Team
The Campus Assessment, Response & Evaluation (CARE) Team was created at the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz campus to address the health and safety needs of students as well as the campus community. The purpose of the team is to assess whether individuals pose a risk to themselves or others and to intervene when necessary, and more generally, to identify and provide assistance to those in need. The team takes a preventative approach to risk assessment by offering resources, referrals, and support to both the individual concerned and those impacted by their behavior.Phone: 303-352-3579
Counseling ServicesWhen students feel they need professional help with issues they are facing, the Anschutz Medical Campus provides a team of providers. Students may visit in person or call directly. The Mental Health / Wellness team is located on the 4th floor of Building 500 in the north wing.

For an appointment

After-hours emergencies

Please call 720-848-0000 and ask for the on-call psychiatrist

CU OnlineComprised of current students, our support team offers extended hours, is versed in Canvas and the other platforms, and can assist you with getting started with your online classes, all part of our vow to help make your experience exceptional.

CU Online Helpdesk
Phone: 303-315-3700

Please check the website for daily and holiday hours

Disability Resources and Services Office

The University of Colorado Denver (UCD) is an educational institution that welcomes and supports a diverse student body. The Disability Resources and Services Office is the designated office that maintains disability-related records, determines eligibility for academic accommodations, determines reasonable accommodations and develops plans for the provision of such accommodations for students attending the university. All incoming students must certify that you have read and understand this information.

Disability Resources

Educational Support ServicesEducational Support Services provides classroom and teaching lab support, classroom computer support, videoconferencing and distributed education info, room scheduling services, test/evaluation processing, DVD/VHS/CD duplication, video production, and locker information.13120 E. 19th Avenue
Education 2 North
Phone: 303-724-8114
Financial Aid OfficeThis is your source for financial aid information scholarship opportunities and student employment details.Education 2 North (Bldg. P-28) 3rd fl. Student Services Area
Phone: 303-724-8039
Health Insurance, Student

The Student Health Insurance (SHI) Plan at the Anschutz Medical Campus is designed to provide students with health care coverage offering a PPO accident and sickness health plan.

Education II North P28-3207
Phone: 303-724-7674
Health Sciences LibraryWith a strong customer service orientation, CU Denver libraries are equipped with the latest in search technology advanced computer resources and top-rated services for the disabled.12950 East Montview Blvd.
Phone: 303-724-2152
Office of Diversity and InclusionThis office assists faculty, students and staff with educational resource materials and diversity and inclusion training, such as the Undergraduate Pre-Health Program to prepare students to enter the health care profession.
Hours: Monday-Friday | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Education 2 North 3118
Phone: 303-724-8003

Information Technology Services

School of Pharmacy Technology Services

This office offers students support in various areas including operating system troubleshooting, virus and spyware diagnosis and cleaning, setting up and troubleshooting network connections and email, and advice on best practices in maintaining and using your computer.

Laptop Specifications

International Student and Scholar ServicesThis office offers immigration services programming and advising to enhance the experiences of international students.Phone: 303-315-2230
Ombuds OfficeThe Ombuds Office is a resource available to all faculty, students and staff of the University community to provide informal conflict resolution. The Ombuds Office provides a forum for prompt, impartial and confidential discussion for individuals to review options for informal resolutions of differences. The Ombuds Office does not provide legal services or counseling to anyone.Building 500 7005C
Phone: 303-724-2950
Parking & Transportation ServicesParking operations include but are not limited to the issuance of monthly parking permits collection of revenue from daily parking, issuing parking violations, resolving disputes concerning parking citations and developing parking programs to meet the campus transportation needs. 
Office of the RegistrarPlan your schedule and log on to UCDAccess with web student services that enable you to register for classes, pay your bill and access other education resources.13120 E. 19th Ave.
Phone: 303-724-8059
Sexual Misconduct, Intimate Partner Violence, & Stalking PolicyThis policy (1) provides a general definition of sexual harassment and related retaliation; (2) prohibits sexual harassment and related retaliation; and (3) sets out procedures to follow when a member of the University community believes a violation of the policy has occurred. It also is a violation of this policy for anyone acting knowingly or recklessly either to make a false complaint of sexual harassment or to provide false information regarding a complaint. 
Student Assistance OfficeThe Student Assistance Office's mission is to enhance student life at the Anschutz Medical Campus by providing excellence in specific non-academic and academic student services.

Education II North 3rd Floor #3123
Aurora CO 80045
Phone: 303-724-7686

Hours: Monday - Friday | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

University Police Department

The University Police Department supports the university's research, patient care and education missions by providing for a safe and secure campus environment in which students faculty and staff may work, learn and conduct research.

Police Dispatch: 303-724-4444
Veteran Student ServicesThis office is the initial contact point for eligible veterans and dependent students wishing to seek a post-secondary education or CU Denver students who wish to use Veterans Administration educational benefits. This office assists students with VA paperwork and problems associated with the receipt of VA-related educational benefits. The OVSS maintains proper certification for eligible students to ensure that each student meets VA requirements for attendance course load and content and other regulations necessary to receive educational benefits payments. In addition, the OVSS provides VA vocational rehabilitation, referrals, information on VA tutorial assistance and VA work/study positions for qualified veterans.CU-Denver Building 107A/B
Phone: 303-556-2630
Writing CenterThe CU Denver Writing Center is a free service available to all university students who wish to improve as writers. In the Writing Center, students meet for 50-minute one-on-one appointments with a Professional Writing Consultant to discuss ideas, organization, thesis development, incorporation of sources and grammar, pretty much any aspect of writing. You may work on assignments from any course or subject in the Writing Center. Consultants have a range of writing backgrounds and areas of expertise such as business, history, English, psychology and sociology. Go to to learn more and to schedule an appointment.

Writing Center locations include:

Downtown Campus:
North Classroom Building
Room 4014
(303) 556-4845
(303) 352-3651 (fax)

Health Sciences Library
(Anschutz Medical Campus)
Information Commons
Room 1204
(303) 724-4143

Campus Village Apartments
M/T/W: North 3rd Floor Common Room
Sun: 1st Floor Classroom


Note: Hours vary. Please follow the link to the website to check the scheduling system for availability.

All incoming and returning students must verify they have read and understand the Disability Resources information by submitting this form: Disability Resources and Sexual Misconduct Policy Acknowledgement.

CPR Certification:

Adult, infant, child with AED for health care providers is required for all students enrolled in the School of Pharmacy and must be current throughout the program. Online courses are not accepted. If you have a question regarding the certification requirement, please contact Experiential Programs​.

Administrative requirements to complete experiential education courses.

CPR Certification

Adult, infant, child with AED for health care providers is required for all students enrolled in the School of Pharmacy and must be current throughout the program, and we only accept American Heart Association. Online courses are accepted if you are currently CPR certified. If you have a question regarding the certification requirement please contact Patricia Meyer or Cindy Subia.

Student liability insurance coverage

Student liability insurance coverage: For information please call Professional Risk Management at 303-724-7475

Student Ethics and Conduct Code

Including Needle Stick Injury

Go to “file a claim” and choose from the menu. If you are unsure of the type of claim please use worker’s compensation.

The “information” selection under the workers compensation menu will give you designated medical provider sites and needle stick bodily injury information.

The minimum professional GPA required of all pharmacy students for graduation is 2.0 (C) based upon all didactic coursework in the program. A passing grade is required for all advanced pharmacy practice experiences in the P4 year.

The Law Review courses are typically held in May. Information will be distributed to graduating students once it is available.

The commencement ceremony that includes all schools is held in the quadrangle at the Anschutz Medical Campus. A separate, smaller convocation ceremony for CU Pharmacy graduates and their families follows in the Library Commons. Commencement ceremonies are scheduled for the Friday preceding Memorial Day weekend each year. Typically, a commencement banquet is held for graduates and guests on the Thursday evening preceding Memorial Day weekend each year. Information regarding cap and gown rentals, ordering of announcements, and schedules will be distributed during the spring as the graduation date approaches.

Preparing to Register and Sit for the NAPLEX

Before you get started, download the NAPLEX/MPJE Registration Bulletin. It contains everything you need to know about the exam, such as:

  • The registration process
  • Testing appointment instructions
  • What you’ll see on the exams
  • How to get your score report

Be sure to download the Registration Bulletin only from this website to get the most accurate, updated information about the NAPLEX. NABP is aware of some websites that are posting fake, outdated, or incorrect registration bulletins.

Register for the NA​PLEX

Ready to register for the test? Start out by logging into your NABP e-Profile to register online for the examination. The board of pharmacy in the state for which you are seeking licensure will then determine your eligibility to take the NAPLEX based upon the information you provided in your record. Check with your board of pharmacy to make sure you meet their requirements. If you plan to seek licensure in multiple states, don’t forget to utilize the Score Transfer option.

When you log into your e-Profile, be sure to check that the name in your e-Profile matches the printed name on both the primary and secondary forms of ID that you will bring to the test center to ensure that you are not turned away on the day of the test. See the Important Test Day Information section below or the NAPLEX/MPJE Registration Bulletin for more information.

Military Discount

NABP offers one-time discounts for military members and their spouses. Active military members, reserves, and veterans will be reimbursed for 100% of the registration fee, and their spouses will be reimbursed for 50% of the fee. Reimbursement of examination registration fees apply to a single attempt on the NAPLEX. Fees for repeat attempts will not be reimbursed. To learn more, contact Customer Service.

If you are seeking licensure in Colorado, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon, Rhode Island, and/or Utah

NABP confirms eligibility to sit for the NAPLEX and MPJE for candidates seeking licensure in the above listed states. If you are seeking licensure for any of these jurisdictions, including via score transfers, you will need to pay an additional non-refundable processing fee of $85. This fee covers both the NAPLEX and MPJE and is valid for a one-year period starting with the date of the initial application.

If you have not passed your exam within that one-year period, you will forfeit the processing fee and will be required to submit a new processing fee if you wish to still take the exam(s).

If you are a new graduate seeking initial licensure in one of the above listed states, you must have an official transcript sent directly from your pharmacy school to NABP before beginning the NAPLEX/MPJE application process. Candidates applying for licensure in Oregon must also submit an official transcript to the Oregon State Board of Pharmacy.

Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope bearing the school’s stamp/seal on the envelope flap. Candidates may request that their school send transcripts electronically to​.

Licensure and Testing

Information regarding licensure and testing can be found at the Colorado State Board of Pharmacy site. If you are applying for licensure in another state, you will need to check that specific state's board of pharmacy website for their requirements.

Graduating students must apply for their diploma by December of their P4 year. Information will be e-mailed directly to you.

CMS Login